Monday, July 4, 2022

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Let the Writing Begin!

Good morning, everyone!

I'm writing this on Sunday. I know what my week is going to look like and I'm trying to get ahead of business so once Bob leaves, I can focus on two main areas. 

I took this weekend for a personal retreat in a hotel away from household duties and distractions to really get some hard outlining done, both in my HB90 planner (I'm using a mini from Happy Planner with a pretty gold outer cover) and on An Ozarks Homecoming. 

After fighting this manuscript so much, then losing the flash drive (which I found), I decided to take a new approach.  While at the BTP Conference last month, I met author Renee George. Neat gal. While I'm not a fan of the 4-letter word, her two planner/ workbooks intrigued me. I came home and ordered this one:



I do like her 'outlining' layout so I'm approaching this round with a fresh perspective and seeing if that helps get the story moving. I'm not an outline kind of writer but this is more about 'what points do you need to hit in this story' then take it from there. 

Her book is also based on a 3-book plan, which is exactly what I have left to write in this series.


* write every day for Camp Nano beginning July 5th (Bob leaves that morning)
* start process on organizing the stamp (creative) collection - it will be a process
* Use HB90 planner religiously to stay on task the next 21 days.

That's it for me this week!
I hope you all have had a safe and happy 4th of July. 
I'll be back tomorrow and Wednesday with two more author spotlights from Something Blue!

All my best
~Angela


 

No comments:

Post a Comment