Friday, July 15, 2022

THE WRITER'S NEST - Denise N. Wheatley

 Good morning, everyone!

It's time to peek into another author's creative space. I love these posts!


Here's a quick reminder Bio:

I am a lover of romance, happy endings and the art of storytelling. My first novel, I WISH I NEVER MET YOU, was published by Simon & Schuster in 2004. I've since traditionally published several novels and novellas, including contemporary suspense and paranormal romance. I am currently working with Harelquin Intrique and Tule Publishing. I strive to create characters who are strong, colorful and relatable, and tell entertaining stories that embody matters of the heart.

If you missed other posts from this week, check out Tuesday and Thursday's posts this week.
Let's go inside!

Describe your writing nest?

While I do have a desk, I love sitting on my purple leather couch and writing in front of the television. It’s so cozy and doesn’t feel too formal.  I also like sitting on my gray suede stools and writing at my kitchen island. Again, this feels less formal than a desk, and the open space helps me keep a clear head. But that area can be dangerous considering I’m so close to the snacks!

What is it about this space that inspires you?

When I’m writing from the couch, the tv is on but the volume is very low. This space inspires me because the sofa is so comfy, and I usually have a true crime program playing in the background. That’s very motivating when I’m writing my thrillers. As for my Christmas novels, I love playing holiday movies while I write, no matter the time of year. Seeing all the snow and holiday decorations on screen, while snuggling underneath a blanket and working on a laptop, really helps get the creative juices flowing. 


Has finding your space been an evolving journey? How so?

Finding the right space has definitely been an evolving journey. If I’m not comfortable in my surroundings, then my writing will suffer. I’ve actually moved homes in order to find the perfect space, where I feel inspired to churn out my best work. Meeting deadlines is important as well. If you’re not content with your writing space, not only can your writing suffer, but it may be difficult to get your manuscript handed in on time.

Anything you would change?

I should probably try getting behind my desk every now and then since the comfy couch is a welcome space for napping! But for now, it’s working for me. Danelle Steele has a handcrafted desk designed to look like a stack of her books. It is absolutely gorgeous. I’d love to add my own bookstack desk to my writing nook one of these days.

Be sure to check out Denise's latest book:




THE HEART-SHAPED MURDERS is Book 1 in the West Coast Crime series.

Catching serial killers is her specialty
Until one follows her home

Attacked and left with a partial heart-shaped symbol carved into her chest, forensic investigator Lena Love finds her latest hunt has become personal. But leaving LA to return to her hometown comes with its own danger—like detective David Hudson, the love she left behind. And soon sparks fly, even as Lena is targeted and stalked, and bodies—all marked with the killer’s signature heart—are discovered in David’s jurisdiction…

I've not read this book (just purchased on Kindle to read this afternoon) to post a review as of yet. Please check back later in the week.

In the mean time, you can find out more about Denise N. Wheatley by following any of the links below.



You can purchase any of Denise N. Wheatley books by clicking the following links:


I'll see you back here tomorrow when I'll pop in the Something Blue author I missed last week - Tif Marcelo

All my best
~Angela


 



No comments:

Post a Comment