Thursday, July 28, 2022

WRITER TIP THURSDAY - Reality Check!

 Good morning, everyone!

Courtesy of Pixabay photographer

Before I go any farther I have to point out the significance of this photo. While my tip today is about the journey of an author, I had a serendipity moment in choosing a 'journey' related photo. See the key fob? My new car is a Toyota 4-Runner. I've applied for a personalized plate - IWRITE

Okay, back to today's tip.

Becoming an author, especially one who wants to be a writer as a business, is a journey.

For years, I've dabbled in lots of things - most writing related or could be translated back to writing in some way. As I learn more about what is involved in making this a business (mind you this realization comes at the ripe old age of 60!), I'm realizing as the business part grows, some of those other things will have to go. The reality check can be painful... but from pain comes new growth.

So here my writing tip for this week:

Make the journey a part of you. Journal about the changes you're experiencing, how you feel, how you've come to this point in your life.

I found this blog post from writepads.com  In the mean time, I wish you success on your journey, wherever it takes you.

All my best

~Angela








No comments:

Post a Comment