Monday, April 13, 2020

CURRENT PROJECT - Timeline & Playlist

from popsugar.com

There are days when I feel like I'm barely treading water. I have all kinds of stuff in my head but when I sit down to type, nothing makes sense.

Then there's the AhHa moment... that blink when you realize why things aren't working.

I had two of those over the weekend.

1 - I've always written to a playlist that fit the story. I hadn't put one together for this book. There was no emotion behind anything I typed. My characters were flat, lifeless things with stories they weren't sharing.

In acting, (as I understand this) you are taught to connect with something in your past to build the emotion you are trying to portray.

Well, let's see. I've lost people in my life but I don't get emotional that way. I always see it as part of the circle of life. I grieve then I move on.
I love to bake but have never owned a bakery.
I've known two very special military people in my life. Neither of them died in battle. In fact, one still lives and serves 36 years after we first met. 

Where would I pull those emotions from?

I spent yesterday, Easter, putting together my playlist on YouTube. Then I watched several soldier homecoming videos and spent the next hour in tears. If you need a good cry and the tears won't come, watch some of those. The ones where service men/ women surprise their families during special occasions like weddings, graduations, or something as simple as Valentine's Day.

Here's a link to my playlist for An Ozarks Soldiers' Homecoming.

#amwriting

I'll leave you with some Reunion stories via a YouTube compilation:






No comments:

Post a Comment