Wednesday, June 16, 2021

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - Season of Crows

 Good morning, everyone!

I know I'm going off the norm this week. That's my life - and my choice - when Bob is home. This is his last week and I'm gone the last four days. 

Today, I'm talking about Season of Crows by Prix Guatney.


NOTE: Prix is no longer with this publisher but you can find used copies of this as well as Season of Madness on AMAZON

I'm not a big fantasy reader. I much prefer a cuddle-up with a Hallmark movie/ story kind of reader. That said, Prix has the ability to create a world you want to be a part of. You want to run amongs the tree roots and rocks, following the creatures as they go about saving their home.

As someone who lives in a rural area, I know about crows! Thieves and bullies they be, so I was on the fighting side with the Walnut Keepers as they fought for the only home they know. Like people, the creatures use what they have and call on their courage to help in their defense. 

Bob calls me Dr. Doolittle for many reasons... the squirrels, snakes, turtles, birds, deer, mice .... none of which are afraid of me and will often sit where they are while I talk to them.

Like Wind in the Willows, Watership Down, Tales of Peter Rabbit, The Willows in Winter and similar adventure reads, this is one book you will want to read... perfect for curling up underneat a shade tree on a hot summer day and rooting the Walnut Keepers on! I'm giving SEASON OF CROWS:




You'll find Prix on the following social media locations:

    WEBSITE   BLOG   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM   

All my best
~Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment