Tuesday, June 1, 2021

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & Review - Cheryl Wright - A Bride for Jake

Good morning, everyone!

I finally got some reading time in over the weekend. I've been waiting to read this newest release from my dear friend, Cheryl Wright. 


Here's the bio from Cheryl's webpage:

I am a multi-published, bestselling and award-winning Australian author who has been published by traditional publishers since 2003.

I love to write both historical and contemporary western romance, either with or without suspense elements.

I also write contemporary romance.

I’ve taught writing for many years, and have written several non-fiction books about writing. I’ve worked as an editor for publishers, coached writers one-on-one, and have appeared at writer’s conferences in Australia and New Zealand.

I have been married to my own real-life hero for over 45 years. We have two grown children and six grandchildren (all fourteen and over).

Our household would not be complete without our wonderful pets, which includes two elderly cats and our beautiful dog Bindy, who loves long, leisurely walks.

My hobbies are tenpin bowling and papercrafts, and surprisingly, going to the gym.

Cheryl shares some of her beautiful papercraft creations on her social media accounts.




Here's the blurb for A Bride for Jake:

When Doctor Jake Elliott sent away for a mail order bride who was also a nurse, he never expected to wait months for her to arrive. He had a busy practice and needed assistance sooner rather than later.

Elsie Johnson was not the bride the local doctor expected but marrying him was the fresh start she desperately needed. With a new name, the haters would not be able to trace her. At least, that’s what she hoped.

Could a simple case of mistaken identity keep her safe from harm? Or will the doctor send her away when he discovers she is not the woman he thought she was?


Cheryl's stories are proof that you can have a great read without all the sex. Her stories are heartwarming and sweet... just the way a real romance should be, in my opinion.  

Elsie's story is Book 1 in an 8-book 'mistaken identity mail-order bride' series. Each book stands alone with a recurring theme... crossed wires LOL - or would that be 'crossed ropes' in a western historical? 

I'm giving this first book :



I await anxiously for the rest of this collection.

You'll find Cheryl through the links listed below:



All my best
~Angela



 



No comments:

Post a Comment