Tuesday, June 8, 2021

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW - RaeAnne Thayne

 Goodmorning, friends...

Okay, I'm slipping in here around noon CST but it's morning somewhere! Maybe even as you're reading.

Today, I'm shining the spotlight on RaeAnne Thayne.


Check out, RaeAnne's website and you'll find a vast amount of great stories - as she states - 'stories of hope, healing and heart'.  She has some great series to get lost in, including the Brambleberry House collection. She has also been in several collections with other authors such as Jodi Thomas, Susan Mallery and Robyn Carr just to name a few. 

Until I began setting things up for this blog post, I have to admit I've ready several of RaeAnn's books over the years but did not realize she had so many series'.

Here's a bit about RaeAnne from her website:

BIO:

I’m not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different turn for me, though, when my mother made me take a journalism elective in high school (thanks, Mom!). I knew the first day that this was where I belonged.

Through it all — through the natural progression of my career from reporter to editor — I wrote stories in my head. Not just any stories, either, but romances, the kind of books I have devoured since junior high school, with tales about real people going through the trials and tribulations of life until they find deep and lasting love.

I had no idea how to put these people on paper, but knew I had to try — their stories were too compelling for me to ignore. I sold my first book in 1995 and now, more than 60 books later, I’ve come to love everything about writing, from the click of the computer keys under my fingers to the “that’s—it!” feeling I get when a story is flowing.

I write full-time now (well, as full-time as I can manage juggling my kids!) amid the raw beauty of the northern Utah mountains.

Even though I might not have dreamed of being a writer when I was younger, now I simply can’t imagine my life any other way.

Okay, probably one of the longest bios I've shared but I wanted you to see her journey from that young girl to today, finding her passion along the way.

Today, I'm reviewing His Second-Chance Family - part of The Women of Brambleberry House.   With seven books in this series, I can see my amazon account getting hit hard.  From what I can tell from this book, there are three main women. Abigail, who owns the house, then Sage and Anna. In this book, we have an idea of Sage's story, so I'm going to assume that is a previous book I have yet to read. However, with the way RaeAnne has written this book (based on the story content), all of the books stand alone... you don't go into a story feeling as if you missed something, but more that you want to read the other to find out how something came to be. 

In His Second-Chance Family we meet Sage and Anna as well as Abigail (in theory) and two people who knew each other as teen-agers, been hurt deeply by other loves then brought together for that 'healing' RaeAnn likes to include in her stories. 

I think you know that second-chance loves, whether they be trying love again with someone else or reuniting with a former love, are my favorite stories to read and to write. This book hit all the notes for me. Julia Blair returns to Brambleberry House for a fresh start and finds herself still head over heels in love with a boy from her past, Will Garrett. Mind you, Will has grown up and while Julia is there to regain her footing in life with her two children, Will is a bit slower to let painful wounds heal. 

I'm giving His Second-Chance Family..



The copy of His Second-Chance Family that I purchased had a bonus story by Patricia Davids, so I'll be coming back to review hers in a couple of weeks.

You'll find all kinds of great information on her WEBSITE and can catch up with her on the following social media links:

FACEBOOK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM   GOODREADS   PINTEREST

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE


I'll see you back here on Thursday for a Writer's Tip!

All my best

~ Angela











No comments:

Post a Comment