Tuesday, June 28, 2022

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT - SOMETHING BLUE - Makenna Lee

 

AMAZON   B & N   KOBO

Good morning, everyone!

I know things have been a bit slow here but they'll pick up, I promise. Bob leaves next Tuesday so I can get back to a regular schedule. 


Today, I'm introducing you to Makenna lee and her story in the SOMETHING BLUE anthology. 

Makenna Lee is an award-winning romance author living in the Texas Hill Country with her real-life hero and their two children. Her oldest son has Down syndrome and taught her to appreciate the little things. He inspired her first Harlequin book A SHERIFF'S STAR. Her writing journey began when she mentioned all her story ideas and her husband asked why she wasn’t writing them down. The next day she bought a laptop, started her first book, and knew she’d found her passion. Makenna is often drinking coffee while writing, reading, or plotting a new story. She enjoys renaissance festivals, nature photography, studying herbal medicine, and usually listens to Celtic music while writing. Her wish is to write books that touch your heart, making you feel, think, and dream.

Here is her story from SOMETHING BLUE:

SOMETHING LOST – SOMETHING FOUND – Makenna Lee

When an injured dancer moves home to take over her grandmother’s wedding venue on the family’s estate, she discovers the Nashville musician who broke her heart has inherited the caretaker’s cottage, and his four-year-old son with Down syndrome is counting on him to be both dad and mom. A lost and found ring, a special child and wedding planning chaos just might lead to a new beginning.

Most of my readers know by now that if a story includes kids or pets, you have me from the beginning. But there is something about a special needs child that tugs at my heart strings. They are just like every other child but often portrayed as anything other than 'normal'. No one is 'normal' in my book. Everyone is special in their own right.  

Another aspect of this story pulled me in. I also promote classic country, blue grass, Texas, red-dirt music as part of my weekly schedule (though that's been lacking in the past few months). I'm not a fan of the 'new' country or what Nashville is doing to their historic musical past. If I ever wanted to write a controversial article or book, I'd write about how this generation wants to tear down the past that brought them to this point. 

You will find more about Makenna Lee by following any of the links below:

WEBSITE   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM   BLOG   BOOKBUB   PINTEREST

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

All my best

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment