Thursday, March 12, 2020

GIRL SCOUT DAY




Today is National Girl Scout Day. Girl Scouts were founded in the US by Juliette Gordon Low in 1912, focusing on inclusiveness, the outdoors, self-reliance and service.  While the platform has changed with the times, those cores are still a part of Girl Scouting today

I was a Brownie and a Junior Girl Scout growing up. I later became a Troop leader(18 years), helped facilitate a non-violence program through GSUSA and spent a week at the Edith Macy Center in New York. I also trained other leaders how to share the program with their troops.

I loved Girl Scouting on many levels. However, I believe to this day I was passed over for an office position because I write romance. How sad is that? Girl Scouts helped me find my voice and I will continue to use my voice to advocate for writers everywhere.

See National Day calendar page for their info:  https://nationaltoday.com/national-girl-scout-day/




No comments:

Post a Comment