Wednesday, March 11, 2020

MORTUARY AFFAIRS


Until I began researching how to portray the subject of bringing home Lt. Daniel Sterlings remains home from the Korean War in A OZARKS SOLDIER'S HOMECOMING I didn't know anything about Mortuary Affairs.

I knew our service men and women came home but I didn't know anything about the process - what steps were taken to honor our fallen heroes and brin ghtme home with the dignity they deserve.

Today, we reconize Funeral Directors and Morticians around the globe. I've dated a couple of morticians, one from Mortuary Affairs (though I did not know that at the time. I think he still serves in that capacity - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Darrold)

Death is something we all have to deal with at some/ multiple points in our our life. Take time today to thank your local mortician today. They do so much to preserve the precious memories we have of our loved ones.

Thank you, David Lenz, Joe Gross and Darrold Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment